Friday, January 27, 2012

#2 Blogging about Tweeting

I introduced myself to Twitter a few days ago. Not many of my friends use Twitter, so the activity has been minimal. Receiving tweets from people that I have chosen to follow can be useful as I've chosen public figures who have important and interesting things to say. I do like being updated by public figures, and not having immature status updates flood my newsfeed, like on facebook. I have freedom from this on Twitter, though, because I don't have many followers yet.

Twitter seems to be a fairly easy site to maneuver around, but there are a few unanswered questions, like, what is a hashtag? What is the benefit of twitter over facebook? Why is there a character limit? Why are posts called "Tweets"? And, why are people "following" me?

Twitter allows you to follow people you are interested in, as well as allows you to expand your social networks. Twitter is easy to hook up to other social networking sites, and to your phone. Because of this, it can be accessed from multiple devices and sites. Twitter is a good search tool where you can search for friends, see what everyone is talking about, and what the latest trends are.

Twitter is different from and similar to blogging in that it is a kind of micro-blogging. Twitter is much more socially oriented, and the information part of Twitter is condensed. Tweets are short, whereas blogs tend to be much longer. Twitter is used for personal profiles and celebrities, etc., whereas blogging is more of an information and communication forum for different people, things and topics

Happy Blogging, Tweeting and Sheep-shearing!

1 comment:

  1. Fascinating! Thanks for sharing!

    And you posted it at 5:39 PM!
    That's my favorite time of the day EVER!

    ReplyDelete